Canadian Jeweller Magazine is pleased to present the annual 2016 Awards of Excellence celebrating the very best in Canadian jewellery design, retailing, product development and watch brand innovation.
Best Canadian Diamond Design/ Best Pearl Design / Best Platinum Design / Best Coloured Gemstone Design
For the 2016 Awards of Excellence (AOE), Canadian Jeweller has partnered with the very prestigious and high-profile event, the 6th Annual Great Jewellery Heist in support of Bridgepoint Active Healthcare, part of Sinai Health System, at which the winners will be announced.
This exclusive luncheon, held at the Ritz-Carlton Hotel on October 28th in Toronto, will host 450 of some of the most influential Canadian business-women in finance, fashion, marketing and retail.
For more information, click here.
Rules and Submission Form
Eligibility and Criteria
The 2016 Best Canadian Diamond Design of the Year Award recognizes a jewellery piece that shows Canadian diamonds in a magnificent design. Entries must feature Canadian diamonds and be accompanied by certification attesting to each diamond’s Canadian origin. Smaller accent stones need not be Canadian. MINIMUM VALUE: $5000
The 2016 Best Pearl Design of the Year Award recognizes a jewellery piece that allows natural pearls to dominate as the central design element. Other gemstones and diamonds can be used as accent stones. MINIMUM VALUE: $2000
The 2016 Best Platinum Design of the Year Award recognizes a jewellery piece that features 75% platinum in its overall metal content and may also use any combination of gemstones and gold. MINIMUM VALUE: $5000
The 2016 Best Coloured Gemstone Design of the Year Award recognizes a jewellery piece that features colour gemstones as the central design element. Creativity will be a key judging criterion. MINIMUM VALUE: $2000
– Jewellery must have been designed and made in Canada.
– Jewellery must incorporate precious metals and must adhere to the criteria set out in each category.
– All gemstones must be natural. Synthetics are not permitted. (Students may substitute CZ for diamonds.)
– Designers may submit one piece per category.
– Contestant assumes all liability for designs and jewellery submitted. Although we will take reasonable precautions while the jewellery is in our possession, Canadian Jeweller Magazine cannot be responsible for insuring the jewellery.
– We suggest you extend your own policy to cover your piece or pieces for loss, theft or damage for the duration of the competition.
– In each category, three finalists will be selected. Judges will then choose an overall winner in each category.
– Entries that are not being donated will be returned by courier at the expense of the designer. To arrange for the return, please contact a Canadian Jeweller Magazine representative at email@example.com
– Winning entries and all information provided about the entries may be used for promotional purposes. Slides, renderings and other reproductions of the designs, as well as press releases, will also be used for this purpose.
– Entries will be judged on the basis of originality, creativity, beauty, wearability and quality of workmanship. Consideration will also be given to marketability.
– Contestants agree to hold Canadian Jeweller Magazine, Rive Gauche Media, and its employees and representatives, etc., harmless from any and all claims, litigation and other legal proceedings.
There is a $60.00 entry fee per submission.
Judging will take place in September 2016 by a prestigious panel of judges made up of Canadian jewellery retailers, designers, and members of Canadian Jeweller Magazine’s Editorial Board. The judging process is confidential and the judges’ decision is final.
This year, our winners will be announced in front of the Great Jewellery Heist’s exclusive and captive audience, who will be gifted a special high-quality brochure featuring this year’s 16 finalist’s bio, design philosophy and contact information along with a picture of their submission.
In addition to this unique exposure, you have the opportunity to offer your AOE piece for auction at the event which will further enhance your brand awareness and raise money for this great cause. A tax receipt will be provided for donated pieces that are accompanied by a third party appraisal for fair market value, as per CRA guidelines. You are welcome to donate additional pieces outside of our AOE submission(s) if you so wish.
Winners will also be published in an issue of Canadian Jeweller Magazine and will agree to their name being used in press releases, magazine articles, social media initiatives and on the Canadian Jeweller Magazine website. Once the results are formally announced, winners are free to self-promote their achievement.
Please ensure you provide the following information:
1. A completed online submission form for each piece and one hard copy attached to the nominated piece.
2. The finished piece of jewellery being nominated.
3. Any additional materials that you feel would assist in the selection process.
4. Entry fee of $60.00 per submission. Make cheque payable to Rive Gauche Media Inc.
Please mail your jewellery design, submission form and cheque (payable to Rive Gauche Media) to the following address:
Awards of Excellence
Canadian Jeweller Magazine
920 Yonge Street, Suite 610
Toronto, ON M4W 3B8
For any further questions, please email Shoshauna@thergmgroup.net.
September 5, 2016, 5:00p.m.
To view last year’s winners, click here.